A few things to keep in mind before you arrive to ATO 2023.
If you are joining us in Raleigh this year, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Check-in / What to Expect When You Arrive
When you enter the Raleigh Convention Center, you will be directed to type your name into one of our registration kiosks. If you have pre-registered, your name tag will print and you can proceed into the event. If you have not pre-registered, you will be directed to our Help Desk where we can collect your information and process your registration.
Code of Conduct
Everyone is subject to the conference Code of Conduct. Please take a few moments to read it before you arrive.
Travel & Parking
If you haven’t already, check out the ATO travel page if you are coming from out of town. Parking information for the RCC can be found here. A parking garage is located beside the RCC and at various locations downtown, and there are metered spaces in the area as well.
We recommend that you arrive well before the programming you are interested in is scheduled to begin. Below is a simple breakdown of event times, but be sure to review the complete programming schedule for all the details.
Sunday, October 15
- 9:00am ET – Check-in begins for the Community Leadership Summit
- 12:00pm ET – Check-in begins for Inclusion & Diversity in Open Source
Monday, October 16
- 7:00am ET – Doors open and check-in begins for Day 1
- 8:45am ET – Programming begins on the main stage (keynotes)
Tuesday, October 17
- 8:00am ET – Doors open and check-in begins for Day 2
- 9:30am ET – Programming begins on the main stage (keynotes)
Food & Beverages
- Sunday, October 15 – Lunch is not provided on Sunday, however, there will be a Concession Cart at the convention center that has meals for purchase or you can visit one of Raleigh’s the downtown restaurants. The Welcome Social with beverages and light food will follow programming, courtesy of EDB.
- Monday, October 16 – Limited morning coffee will be available, courtesy of Develocity. Lunch and a drink will be served onsite, courtesy of SUSE. *A Java Sweets food/beverage cart will be onsite also, so bring payment if interested. The Monday Social, made possible by Major League Hacking, will follow programming at Crank Arm Brewing (a short walk from the Convention Center) and complimentary, limited food and drinks will be available. Learn more about the social venue.
- Tuesday, October 17 – Limited morning coffee will be available, courtesy of Develocity. Lunch and a drink will be served onsite, courtesy of SUSE. *A Java Sweets food/beverage cart will be onsite also, so bring payment if interested. The Farewell Social, made possible by AWS, will follow programming at Boxcar Bar + Arcade (a short walk from the Convention Center) and complimentary, limited drinks and game tokens will be available. Learn more about the social venue.
Be sure to download the mobile app being made possible by our friends at Neon. Instructions for downloading the mobile app have been emailed to registered attendees. A link that includes these instructions is also included in the registration conformation email for last minute registrants.
Gamification & Prizes
If you’d like to participate in the gamification component of ATO, be sure to download the mobile app and review the rules that are included in the attendee information email (this email was sent Friday morning, October 13 and is also included in the registration confirmation email for last minute registrants). You can accumulate points for taking certain actions on Monday, October 16 and Tuesday, October 17 while onsite.
We’ll be hosting books signings on Monday, October 16 and Tuesday, October 17. View the full schedule and which books will be available.
Pick up your official ATO 2023 stickers at the Sticker Table, made possible by OpenLogic by Perforce and Instaclustr. And don’t forget to bring stickers to leave. It’s not required of course, but feel free. *All stickers must adhere to the Code of Conduct.
- T-shirts – Available when doors open while supplies last (first-come first-served)
- Posters – Available when doors open on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (first-come first-served). On Monday, October 16 we will give away a limited number of posters signed by the artist at 1:30 pm ET in the main 3rd floor lobby.
Health & Safety
Please take a moment to review our health and safety policy. Although there are no restrictions in place, if you are feeling ill or exhibiting signs of sickness, we ask that you please stay home.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].